"For my determined purpose is that I may know Him, that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly, and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection which it exerts over believers, and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed in spirit into His likeness even to His death... " Phil 3:10 Amp

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Being Real With God

I am so thankful for the real-ness of God's Word.  God wants us to come to Him in honesty and truth.  We never have to wear a mask for our heavenly Father.  He already knows what's going on inside us anyways.  We don't have to pretend.  I am thankful that so much of the human experience is portrayed in Scripture, especially in the Psalms.  Then we get to pray His Word back to Him.


Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint; O LORD, heal me, for my bones are in agony.  My soul is in anguish.  How long, O LORD, how long?  Turn, O LORD, and deliver me; save me because of Your unfailing love.  I am worn out from groaning; all night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears.  My eyes grow weak with sorrow.  How long, O LORD?  How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart?  

I trust in Your unfailing love.
(from Psalms 6 and 13)


No comments:

Post a Comment