"For my determined purpose is that I may know Him, that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly, and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection which it exerts over believers, and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed in spirit into His likeness even to His death... " Phil 3:10 Amp

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Glorious Story of Unified Fragments

"I am what I am as a thread in a fabric, a grape in a cluster, a spark in a fire, a bee in a hive, a nerve in a body, an ingredient in a recipe, a stone in a wall, or a drop in an ocean."

"To be sure, I deeply value individuality, and loathe the horrors of constrained, homogenous, communistic sameness.  God made individuals with stunning distinctiveness and as absolutely unique refractions of His glory.  Nevertheless, the greatest glory is when these refractions compose a unified display of God's greatness, as a stained glass window with thousands of fragments reveals one bright picture - not in spite of the differences among the fragments, but because of them.  Or like a tapestry with millions of matchless threads - yellow, orange, blue, and crimson fragmentary alone - being woven into a perfect whole." - John Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment