"For my determined purpose is that I may know Him, that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly, and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection which it exerts over believers, and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed in spirit into His likeness even to His death... " Phil 3:10 Amp

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Listen to the Spirit

The Spirit of Truth is in me to guide me into all truth (Jn 16:13).  Everybody has an opinion about what I should be or do.  And when opinions conflict I feel trapped in no-win situations because I'm going to let someone down.  But it is for freedom that Christ has set me free (Gal 5:1a).  Listen to the Spirit, trust Him to lead and guide, and do not be burdened by a yoke of slavery (Gal 5:1b) to the measuring stick of others' opinions.  I cannot serve two masters (Mat 6:24a).  I want to hear my Father say, "Well done, My good and faithful servant."(Mat 25:21:a)  By grasping my identity and trusting the Holy Spirit in me, I can walk by faith in freedom and joy and peace.  Minimize distractions to hear His voice.

Translated and personalized from the section entitled Trust the Inner Voice from The Inner Voice of Love by Henri Nouwen.

No comments:

Post a Comment