"For my determined purpose is that I may know Him, that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly, and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection which it exerts over believers, and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed in spirit into His likeness even to His death... " Phil 3:10 Amp

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Healthy Boundaries: Little Packages of Freedom - Part 1

I've been trying to write this series for months, but couldn't get my brain around it to articulate anything. Recently had to give a presentation on boundaries at a homeschool conference, so I was forced to sit down and actually pull this thing together. Here's the result...

Boundaries are something that indicate a border or limit, 





like fences 
that show boundary lines of a property 




 


or signs that say 
"do not cross"
or 
"do not enter". 



Boundaries distinguish US from someone else; 
OUR families from other families. 

 


Boundaries serve to protect life, 
like castle walls 
or 
"beware of dog"signs. 
Without boundaries, we are defenseless, directionless, and unhealthy. 
Within boundaries, we find freedom, peace, joy, and purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment