"For my determined purpose is that I may know Him, that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly, and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection which it exerts over believers, and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed in spirit into His likeness even to His death... " Phil 3:10 Amp

Friday, June 21, 2013

The LORD - Our Shield, Sustainer, Deliverer

From Psalm 3 - O Lord, how many are my foes!  How many rise up against me!  [fighting against this evil thing called flesh and the lies from the world and the pervasively wrong thinking in my own brain].  

But You are a shield around me, O LORD. [around the redeemed part of me, and I think even beyond that]  

O LORD; You bestow glory on me and lift up my head.  [Glory!  O glory!  Your Spirit in me, Your love around me, the cross, eternal hope, present opportunities.  Glory!]  

To the LORD I cry aloud, and He answers from His holy hill.  [all-surpassing holiness inclining His ear to respond to His children?  amazing!]  

I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me.  [Therefore, if He even watches over me during my sleep and is my Sustainer,]  I will not [how can I?] fear the tens of thousands [of temptations or trials] drawn up against me on every side.  

Arise, O LORD!  Deliver me, O my God! [from my wrong thinking and unbelief]  Strike all my enemies on the jaw; break the teeth of the wicked. [those lies and wrong thinking don't stand a chance against Your truth!]  

From the LORD comes deliverance. [PRAISE HIM!]  

May Your blessing be on Your people. [as we constantly turn to You for help and deliverance in the spiritual battles of life]

No comments:

Post a Comment