"For my determined purpose is that I may know Him, that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly, and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection which it exerts over believers, and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed in spirit into His likeness even to His death... " Phil 3:10 Amp

Monday, February 6, 2012

LORD, I Want to See Through Your Eyes - Part 1

God gave me a song yesterday morning.
Lord-willing, each day this week I'll post a verse or chorus with its accompanying Scripture.
At the end of the week, I hope to post a video.

This journey isn't easy; I stumble and I fall
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall (Isa 40:30) 

Sometimes in the midst of my brokenness I don't feel You here at all
My God, my God, why have You forsaken me? Why are You so far from saving me, so far from the words of my groaning?  O my God, I cry out by day, but You do not answer, by night, and am not silent. (Psa 22:1-2)

But knowing You are here with me is where I place my trust
And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever--the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you know Him, for He lives with you and will be in you.  I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.  (John 14:16-18) 

...God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."  So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid...."  (Heb 13:5b-6a) 

Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set His seal of ownership on us, and put His Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come. (2 Cor 1:21-22)

Clinging to Your promises; will it be enough?
My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me.  (Psa 63:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment