"For my determined purpose is that I may know Him, that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly, and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection which it exerts over believers, and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed in spirit into His likeness even to His death... " Phil 3:10 Amp

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Faith Focus

We live by faith, not by sight.  (2 Cor 5:7)

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us 
an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.
For what is seen is temporary,
but what is unseen is eternal.
(2 Cor 4:17-18) 

What I see - my weaknesses and failures
temporary    excruciating trials
won’t last     painful circumstances
                   my sin
                   discouraging hardships
                   impossible mountains
                   past experience
                   human reason
                   emotions
                   satan and his lies

What is unseen - God and who He is
    eternal            God’s Word
 lasts forever       God’s Truth
                         God’s promises

The key word in faith is
FOCUS

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith...
(Heb 12:2A)

No comments:

Post a Comment