"For my determined purpose is that I may know Him, that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly, and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection which it exerts over believers, and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed in spirit into His likeness even to His death... " Phil 3:10 Amp

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

God's Shocking, Humbling, Overwhelming Response

Continued from this post.
Scripture taken from Isaiah 43:1-25 unless otherwise noted

But now, this is what the LORD says--
He who created you, O Jacob, He who formed you, O Israel:

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you
by name;

you are Mine.

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.

For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;

Since you are

precious

and honored in My sight,

and because

 I love you,

"Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands"
(Isa 49:16a)

 Do not be afraid,
for I am with you;
everyone who is called by My name,
whom I created for My glory,
whom I formed and made."


"Who shall separate you from My love?
Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?
No, in all these things you are more than a conqueror through Me.
Because I love you.
Be convinced that neither death nor life,
neither angels nor demons,
neither the present nor the future,
nor any powers, neither height nor depth,
nor anything else in all creation,
will be able to separate you
from My love."
(taken from Rom 8:35-39)

"You are My witnesses," declares the LORD, "and My servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know
and believe Me
and understand that I am He.
Before Me no god was formed, nor will there be one after Me.
I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from Me there is no savior.
I have revealed and saved and proclaimed-- I, and not some foreign god among you.
You are My witnesses," declares the LORD, "that I am God.
Yes, and from ancient days I am He."

This is what the LORD says-- your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:

"I am compassionate and gracious,
slow to anger,
abounding in love.
I do not treat you as your sins deserve
or repay you according to your iniquities.
For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is My love for those who fear Me;
as far as the east is from the west,
so far have I removed your transgressions from you."
  (taken from Psa 103:8-12)

"I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions,
for My own sake,
and remembers your sins no more."

"I was pierced for your transgressions,
I was crushed for your iniquities;
the punishment that brought you peace was upon Me,
and by My wounds you are healed.
You all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of you has turned to his own way;
and My Father has laid on Me the iniquity of you all."
(taken from Isa 53:5-6)

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" (Rom 8:1)

"I am the LORD, your Holy One, Israel's Creator, your King."

This is what the LORD says-- 
He who made a way through the sea, a path through the mighty waters, 
who drew out the chariots and horses, the army and reinforcements together, 
and they lay there, never to rise again, extinguished, snuffed out like a wick:

"Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up;
do you not perceive it?

I am making a way
in the desert
and streams
in the wasteland.
 The wild animals honor Me,
the jackals and the owls,
because I provide water
in the desert
and streams
in the wasteland,
to give drink to My people,
My chosen,
the people I formed for Myself
that they may proclaim My praise."

No comments:

Post a Comment