"For my determined purpose is that I may know Him, that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly, and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection which it exerts over believers, and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed in spirit into His likeness even to His death... " Phil 3:10 Amp

Thursday, January 26, 2012

The LORD Will Provide

I waited patiently till dawn, but like a lion He broke all my bones; day and night You made an end of me.  I cried like a swift or thrush, I moaned like a mourning dove. My eyes grew weak as I looked to the heavens. I am troubled; O Lord, come to my aid![i]  

But what can I say? He has spoken to me, and He himself has done this. I will walk humbly all my years because of this anguish of my soul.[ii]  In faithfulness You have afflicted me.[iii]  Surely it is for my benefit that I suffer such anguish.[iv]

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.[v]  The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, You will not despise.[vi]

May Your unfailing love be my comfort, according to Your promise to Your servant.  Let Your compassion come to me that I may live.[vii]  Keep me safe, O God, for in You I take refuge.  I said to the LORD, "You are my Lord; apart from You I have no good thing."[viii]  LORD, You have assigned me my portion and my cup.[ix]  O LORD, make known to me the paths of life.  Fill me with joy in Your presence.[x]   

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.[xi]  Give your servant a discerning heart to ... distinguish between right and wrong.[xii]  Cast me not away from Your presence, O LORD.  And take not Your Holy Spirit from me.  Restore unto me the joy of Your salvation and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me.[xiii] 

Spirit help me in my weakness!  I do not know what I ought to pray for.  Spirit, intercede for me with groans that words cannot express.  He who searches my heart knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.[xiv]  Christ Jesus... please also intercede for me.[xv]
 
The LORD longs to be gracious to me; He rises to show me compassion.[xvi]  In your love You kept me from the pit of destruction; You have put all my sins behind Your back.[xvii]  For the LORD is a God of justice.  Blessed are all who wait for Him![xviii]  

O people of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, weep no more.  How gracious He will be when I cry for help!  As soon as He hears, He will answer me.  Although the LORD gives me the bread of adversity and the water of affliction my teachers will be hidden no more; with my own eyes I will see them.  Whether I turn to the right or to the left, my ears will hear a voice behind me, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."[xix] 

This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength."[xx]

Be still and know that I am God.[xxi]

On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided.[xxii]



[i] Isaiah 38:13-14
[ii] Isaiah 38:15
[iii] Psalm 119:75b
[iv] Isaiah 38:17a tense change
[v] Psalm 34:18
[vi] Psalm 51:17
[vii] Psalm 119:76-77a
[viii] Psalm 16:1-2
[ix] Psalm 16:5a
[x] from Psalm 16:11a
[xi] Psalm 51:10
[xii] from 1 Kings 3:9
[xiii] Psalm 51:11-12
[xiv] from Romans 8:26-27
[xv] from Romans 8:34
[xvi] from Isaiah 30:18a
[xvii] Isaiah 38:17b
[xviii] Isaiah 30:18b
[xix] from Isaiah 30:19-21
[xx] Isaiah 30:15a
[xxi] Psalm 46:10
[xxii] Genesis 22:14b

No comments:

Post a Comment