I have seen a horrible thing in the house of Israel.
There Ephraim is given to prostitution and Israel is defiled. Hosea 6:10
Bitterly she weeps at night, tears are upon her cheeks. ... After affliction and harsh labor, Judah has gone into exile. ... She finds no resting place. ... The roads to Zion mourn, for no one comes to her appointed feasts. All her gateways are desolate, her priests groan, her maidens grieve, and she is in bitter anguish. Her foes have become her masters... The LORD has brought her grief because of her many sins... All the splendor has departed from the Daughter of Zion. Her princes are like deer that find no pasture; in weakness they have fled before the pursuer... Jerusalem has sinned greatly and so has become unclean. All who honored her despise her, for they have seen her nakedness; she herself groans and turns away. Her filthiness clung to her skirts; she did not consider her future. Her fall was astounding; there was none to comfort her. "Look, O LORD, on my affliction, for the enemy has triumphed." The enemy laid hands on all her treasures; she saw pagan nations enter her sanctuary-- those you had forbidden to enter your assembly. "Look, O LORD, and consider, for I am despised." ... "From on high he sent fire, sent it down into my bones. He spread a net for my feet and turned me back. He made me desolate, faint all the day long. "My sins have been bound into a yoke; by his hands they were woven together. They have come upon my neck and the Lord has sapped my strength. He has handed me over to those I cannot withstand. ... In his winepress the Lord has trampled the Virgin Daughter of Judah. "This is why I weep and my eyes overflow with tears. No one is near to comfort me, no one to restore my spirit."... Zion stretches out her hands, but there is no one to comfort her. ... Jerusalem has become an unclean thing among them. "The LORD is righteous, yet I rebelled against his command. Listen, all you peoples; look upon my suffering. ... ... "See, O LORD, how distressed I am! I am in torment within, and in my heart I am disturbed, for I have been most rebellious. ... inside, there is only death. "People have heard my groaning, but there is no one to comfort me. ... My groans are many and my heart is faint." from Lam 1
For I will be like a lion to Ephraim, like a great lion to Judah. I
will tear them to pieces and go away; I will carry them off, with no one
to rescue them. Then I will go back to my place until they admit their
guilt. And they will seek my face; in their misery they will earnestly
seek me." Hosea 5:14-15
... my bones are in agony. My soul is in anguish. How long, O LORD, how long?... I am worn out from groaning; all night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears. My eyes grow weak with sorrow; they fail because of all my foes. from Psa 6:2-7
Joy is gone from our hearts; our dancing has turned to mourning. The crown has fallen from our head. Woe to us, for we have sinned! Because of this our hearts are faint, because of these things our eyes grow dim Lam 5:15-17
... my bones are in agony. My soul is in anguish. How long, O LORD, how long?... I am worn out from groaning; all night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears. My eyes grow weak with sorrow; they fail because of all my foes. from Psa 6:2-7
Joy is gone from our hearts; our dancing has turned to mourning. The crown has fallen from our head. Woe to us, for we have sinned! Because of this our hearts are faint, because of these things our eyes grow dim Lam 5:15-17
For your arrows have pierced me, and your hand has come down upon me. Because of your wrath there is no health in my body; my bones have no soundness because of my sin. My guilt has overwhelmed me like a burden too heavy to bear. My wounds fester and are loathsome because of my sinful folly. I am bowed down and brought very low; all day long I go about mourning. My back is filled with searing pain; there is no health in my body. I am feeble and utterly crushed; I groan in anguish of heart. All my longings lie open before you, O Lord; my sighing is not hidden from you. My heart pounds, my strength fails me; even the light has gone from my eyes. ... I am like a deaf man, who cannot hear, like a mute, who cannot open his mouth; I have become like a man who does not hear, whose mouth can offer no reply. For I am about to fall, and my pain is ever with me. I confess my iniquity; I am troubled by my sin. from Psa 38:2-18
If I sinned, you would be watching me and would not let my offense go unpunished. If I am guilty--woe to me! Even if I am innocent, I cannot lift my head, for I am full of shame and drowned in my affliction. If I hold my head high, you stalk me like a lion and again display your awesome power against me. You bring new witnesses against me and increase your anger toward me; your forces come against me wave upon wave. Why then did you bring me out of the womb? I wish I had died before any eye saw me. If only I had never come into being, or had been carried straight from the womb to the grave! Job 10:14-19
No comments:
Post a Comment