It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. Eph 4:11-13
Those words ...
whispered in the darkness ...
as if in a dream ...
behind me ...
hanging in the air ...
in a mist ...
falling ...
fading ...
And I caught them
before they were gone.
"Yes, LORD. But ...
I don't know what You mean." 10/26
And as I was meditating on thankfulness (11/20), God brought these two thoughts together in my brain with this event:
When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. He welcomed them and spoke to them about the kingdom of God and healed their sick. As evening approached, the disciples came to him and said, "This is a remote place, and it's already getting late. Send the crowds away, so they can go to the villages and buy themselves some food." Jesus replied, "They do not need to go away. You give them something to eat." "We have here only five loaves of bread and two fish," they answered. "Bring them here to me," he said. And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people. They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. The number of those who ate was about five thousand men, besides women and children. (Mat 14:14-21, Mark 6:30-44, Luke 9:10-17)
Has God ever asked you to do something that you feel completely incapable to do?
"You give them something to eat."
Ummmm... But, God, I don't have much of anything.
"You leave that to Me. You just be willing to give what's been given to you. And thank Me for what you've been given, for the opportunity to share, and for what I am about to do with your offering by faith. You think you don't have enough? Good. That's exactly where I want you to be. Because then it will be more than enough. And My Name will be glorified."
And I am SO THANKFUL that it's not about me. That it's all about Him. All I have to do is give to others what He's given to me. (Creating a burning desire to sit before Him with open hands.) To trust Him to accomplish His purposes. To walk by faith, especially when I just don't get it. And to THANK Him for the privilege of being part the grand tapestry He is weaving. 'Cause then we'll be able to look back in wonder and say, "Oh wow. That was all God."
HAPPY THANKS - GIVING!!!
Mhm. So true Mrs. A. May you all have a blessed Thanksgiving!! <3
ReplyDelete