"For my determined purpose is that I may know Him, that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly, and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection which it exerts over believers, and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed in spirit into His likeness even to His death... " Phil 3:10 Amp

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Surpassing Glory

Yesterday, I told you the thing I just can't get over.  
The gospel.
Here's another angle.
I've been camping out here for weeks.  
I just can't get over it!!!

"He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.  Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, fading though it was, will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious?  If the ministry that condemns men is glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!  For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory.  And if what was fading away came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!  

Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold.  We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to keep the Israelites from gazing at it while the radiance was fading away.  But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read.  It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away.  Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts.  But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.  Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.  And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."  2 Cor 3:6-18

This ministry of the Spirit,
this transformation,
this new covenant,
this gospel living,
this freedom,
this real Life,
IS 
glorious!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I love it when the Lord brings to light various terms and passages of which we have read numerous times. 'Glorious,' 'free,' 'cherish,' or 'delight' seem to be transformed from flat terminology into precious words full of meaning and life - but only when we are willing to take the time [and the effort] to let the Holy Spirit work. We must allow the Spirit to reveal how to transfer our usual 'theology box deposits' into our daily reality. And then, wow, the verse "old things have passed away. All things have become new" becomes so real! Praise the Lord! (...and to think the culture considers the Bible as irrelevant and no longer applicable...wow. How far from the truth!)

    ReplyDelete