"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." This is a profound mystery--but I am talking about Christ and the church. Eph 5:31-32
I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine ... Song 6:3a
Beloved:
You fill up my senses (Psa 63:1-5, Isa 55:1-2)
like a night in a forest
like the mountains in springtime,
like a walk in the rain
like a storm in the desert,
like a sleepy blue ocean
You fill up my senses,
come fill me again. (Mat 5:6, Acts 13:52, Eph 3:16-19, Phil 1:9-11)
like a night in a forest
like the mountains in springtime,
like a walk in the rain
like a storm in the desert,
like a sleepy blue ocean
You fill up my senses,
come fill me again. (Mat 5:6, Acts 13:52, Eph 3:16-19, Phil 1:9-11)
Lover:
Come let Me love you, (Ezek 16:4-8)
Let Me give My life to you (Jn 3:16, Jn 10:14-18, Rom 5:8, Gal 2:20-21, Eph 5:2, 1 Jn 3:16)
Let Me drown in your laughter, (Ps 5:11,9:1-2, 31:7, 32:11, 33:1-3, 40:16, 64:10, 68:3-4, 89:15-16, 98, 100, 149:1-5, Phil 4:4)
Come let Me love you, (Ezek 16:4-8)
Let Me give My life to you (Jn 3:16, Jn 10:14-18, Rom 5:8, Gal 2:20-21, Eph 5:2, 1 Jn 3:16)
Let Me drown in your laughter, (Ps 5:11,9:1-2, 31:7, 32:11, 33:1-3, 40:16, 64:10, 68:3-4, 89:15-16, 98, 100, 149:1-5, Phil 4:4)
Beloved:
Let me die in Your arms (Rom 8:38-39)
Let me lay down beside You, (Ps 23:1-2)
Let me die in Your arms (Rom 8:38-39)
Let me lay down beside You, (Ps 23:1-2)
Let me always be with You (Ps 51:11, Mat 28:20, Jn 14:16-17, Heb 13:5)
Lover:
Come let Me love you,
(Hos 2:14-23, 3:1-3, 11:1-4, 8)
Come love Me again. (Mat 22:37, Mk 12:30, 1 Jn 5:3-4)
Come love Me again. (Mat 22:37, Mk 12:30, 1 Jn 5:3-4)
"God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him." - John Piper
*** Note - this is a wholly incomplete list of verses. I'd love to add more! Post them in comments below. ***
That is absolutely beautiful!
ReplyDelete"He brought me out into a spacious place; He rescued me because He delighted in me." Ps 18:19
Christ loved us so much that He would rather die than live without us.
I was thinking, I'm sure that Christ has said to me many times, "Come let me love you, Let me give my life to you." I wondered what have I answered. I know and accept that He gave His life for me but the part about Come, let ME love YOU. Now, that is not so easy to answer. If I'm to let Him love me I must accept what He did for me...no problem there. I accept His dying for me. Where I have the problem is that He would WANT to love me. That some how He would find me loveable. That He would ask me to let Him do so. I just want to cry because I can see Him doing and saying that. Sometimes I really don't understand Him with my head. I can only do so with my heart. It seems to me that every day we must answer that anew…Yes, Lord, please come and love me. For when we do, it is that love that transforms our hearts and lives so that we can live for Him.
ReplyDelete