"For my determined purpose is that I may know Him, that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly, and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection which it exerts over believers, and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed in spirit into His likeness even to His death... " Phil 3:10 Amp

Friday, December 2, 2011

LORD, I Miss You

Do you ever have times when you look back at the last several days or weeks and realize your time with Jesus has slipped?  Times when things are busier.  Like during the holidays.  Times when you're living by the tyranny of the urgent instead of the important.  Times when you allow little distractions to grow into huge time-sinks.  Times when your service FOR God is taking over relationship WITH God.  Times when Bible study has become more of an academic exercise instead of a relationship pursuit.  Times when you just lose that kingdom focus.  Or lose perspective.

For me it usually doesn't happen all at once.  Just little by little.  Like playing in the ocean at the edge of the shore and you turn around and realize you're way down the beach from where you started.  And it always makes me feel yucky and sick in my heart.  

For those of you who know what I'm talking about, here's a little song re-write:

LORD, I Miss You

It's one of those times
I've drifted away
It's hard to turn 'round, 
But today's the day
I've got to just make time
'Cause LORD, I miss You
Distractions steal life
Won't let them any longer

And serving You, LORD
It's got in the way
Need time to spend alone 
With just You today
I wanna sit at Your feet
'Cause LORD, I miss You


I wanna hear Your voice
I wanna enjoy Your presence
I wanna have the gospel stir my heart again
Stir my heart again

Apart from You, LORD
I have no good thing
Precious Jesus, Your love's what taught my heart to sing
Gonna really sing!

I wanna sit at Your feet
'Cause LORD, I miss You

I wanna hear Your voice
I wanna enjoy Your presence
I wanna have the gospel stir my heart again
Stir my heart again

Music by D. Bugatti & F Muskei
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1SblGciWw0
Lyrics by mrs. a Nov/Dec 2011

1 comment:

  1. I love the lyrics to that song! It's beautiful. Yes, I can completely relate to missing my Savior. As the old saying goes, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." Sometimes, it gets so bad that I just have to stop what I'm doing [whatever it might be] and go into a quite place to pray and read His Word. It seems like busyness can often be a tool of Satan to get us away from Scripture and prayer. Sometimes, after seemingly endless amounts of time spent doing things "for" God, I am left feeling alone...and spiritually empty. God gently reminds me that in order for me to work hard with both hands, I had to take one hand out of His loving grasp. Instead of walking with Him, I ran ahead for Him [must not waste time, you know!] - only to realize that in order to run ahead, I had to run away. But what peace and love would fill my soul when I found Him not only patiently waiting for me to return, but oftentimes running after me. God's love is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete